Please discuss these new guidelines and plans with your player before practice begins and remind them before each practice. These guidelines have been created to protect your player as well as their teammates and coaches. We think of MBA as a giant baseball family and we want to look after everyone.
Safety Checklist (to be done prior to and during each practice):
- Pre-practice health chat (please ensure no family member or player is feeling ill or showing any signs of illness)
- Pre-practice temperature check – please take your child’s temperature pre-practice
- If any family member is feeling ill or has an elevated temperature, the player will not be allowed to attend practice
- ·Please bring your own mandatory equipment and mark each item with tape and your player’s name so he can easily identify his own equipment. We will not share ANY equipment at this time. This includes no sharing of bats, helmets, or any equipment at all.
- We will observe social distancing at practice – players and coaches will work to remain 6’ apart.
- No food is allowed at practice. This includes no sunflower seeds or gum. No food or gum will be allowed at any time.
- Please provide your player with their own PPE if your family chooses to wear them. We will not mandate masks at this time. This is subject to change.
- Parents are not allowed in the practice areas. Per MDH guidance, you can remain in your car or in park common areas while observing social distancing guidelines.
- No carpooling to or from practices.
- Coaches will wear a mask and use hand sanitizer when assisting an athlete with an injury unless it is an emergency that requires quicker action.
The rules listed above are subject to change as MBA and our governing bodies see fit. These guidelines are designed to lessen risk but do not ensure a guarantee. Our suggestions are listed as a helpful aid in planning for practices so that these unusual circumstances might be a little easier and of course, fun.
MBA suggests that players pack their baseball bag with the following items to help promote social distancing:
Must bring your own:
Uniform (for games including pants, socks, belt, jersey, hat)
Water bottle (More than one is suggested as water fountains are not allowed at this time)
Any other equipment necessary for played positions (i.e. First baseman’s glove, catcher’s gear).
Any required or prescribed medications
Suggested items for the athlete’s bag or for a parent to have available:
First aid cream
Extra Water or Larger Water Bottle or jug
Braces or Wraps needed for the Athlete
Ibuprofen or Tylenol