Just a few quick updates/reminders for the week:
I was able to connect with everyone last night at practice to hand out uniforms. The extra charge for personlization of the hats is $5 each. Please let me know if you have any concerns or misspellings right away!
Traditionally we would have a team party at the end of the season and thank our coaches for a fantastic year. I'm not sure about the team party, but I know we will still want to thank our awesome coaches. If you are interested in contributing, I will purchase gift cards for our 3 coaches to present to them at the end of the year. I know the coaches are seeing this email - but they won't know where I am getting the gift cards, so they will still be surprised! :)
Coaches gifts + Hats = $13 per player
Cash, check or Venmo @David-Dorsey-5
Another plug for the SSU App. The app provides schedules for team practices and games, a way to connect with other team parents, a way that coaches can notify you about schedule changes and the ability to RSVP to practices and games. The RSVP feature is VERY helpful for the coaches. They know that may of us have scheduled events that conflict with baseball and knowing how many players will be at practices and games will be helpful to set lineups and make adjustments. Be sure to use the same email addresses associated with MBA, so your team will automatically be pulled in.
- Volunteer requirements are currently suspended
- No Food is permitted (including gum), this means no game day treats are allowed. Water and sports drinks only.
- Please be familiar with the Safety Guidelines and checklist (see below) set forth by the MBA. Please be reminded that at practices, parents should remain in the parking lot. It is also being asked that parents socially distance in the parking lots to set the appropriate example for the players.
Please let me know of any questions.
Safety Checklist (to be done prior to and during each practice):
- Pre-practice health chat (please ensure no family member or player is feeling ill or showing any signs of illness)
- Pre-practice temperature check – please take your child’s temperature pre-practice
- If any family member is feeling ill or has an elevated temperature, the player will not be allowed to attend practice
- ·Please bring your own mandatory equipment and mark each item with tape and your player’s name so he can easily identify his own equipment. We will not share ANY equipment at this time. This includes no sharing of bats, helmets, or any equipment at all.
- We will observe social distancing at practice – players and coaches will work to remain 6’ apart.
- No food is allowed at practice. This includes no sunflower seeds or gum. No food or gum will be allowed at any time.
- Please provide your player with their own PPE if your family chooses to wear them. We will not mandate masks at this time. This is subject to change.
- Parents are not allowed in the practice areas. Per MDH guidance, you can remain in your car or in park common areas while observing social distancing guidelines.
- No carpooling to or from practices.
- Coaches will wear a mask and use hand sanitizer when assisting an athlete with an injury unless it is an emergency that requires quicker action.
The rules listed above are subject to change as MBA and our governing bodies see fit. These guidelines are designed to lessen risk but do not ensure a guarantee. Our suggestions are listed as a helpful aid in planning for practices so that these unusual circumstances might be a little easier and of course, fun.
MBA suggests that players pack their baseball bag with the following items to help promote social distancing:
Must bring your own (click here for examples):
Uniform (for games including pants, socks, belt, jersey, hat)
Water bottle (More than one is suggested as water fountains are not allowed at this time)
Any other equipment necessary for played positions (i.e. First baseman’s glove, catcher’s gear).
Any required or prescribed medications