MBA 2019 FALL BALL LEAGUES
8 & 9 League – If you played on a 2019 MBA Community 8’s or MBA Community 9’s in the 2019 MBA Spring season, sign up for the MBA 8 & 9 League. These will be all MBA teams, playing on Saturday and Sunday for 5 or 6 weeks, starting the weekend of September 7th to October 13th. You may request one friend (must be reciprocal); however not all friend requests can be guaranteed (Players will play 10 to 12 games (Bennett, Freeman or Excelsior Commons) and receive a jersey and a hat). Cost $145 for the Fall Season.
10YO and older - If you played on a 10 year old MBA Travel or Community League team or older (i.e. 10 year old to 18 year old) in the 2019 MBA Spring Season; you can form a team, select a coach and select the level of competition and have the coach email the roster names to email@example.com. Please list the coaches name under "special requests." Each player on the roster MUST register for Fall Ball through the Minnetonka Baseball Association website (NOT directly through the MBL or Gopher State websites) and MBA will register your team with Gopher State or MBL Fall Ball League. Cost $165 per player for Fall Season.
*Note if you sign up without a team (i.e. as an individual), MBA will attempt to place you on team, but cannot guarantee you will be added to a team roster. If you are not added to a team, you will be fully refunded the registration fee.
**Also NOTE: Fall Ball Games are scheduled by MBL and/or Gopher State (MBA does NOT control the scheduling), therefore games MAY conflict with Try-outs of Sports or Activities (i.e. Basketball, Hockey and spring baseball for 2020 12YO+ teams). Coaches / teams will need to work with the opposing teams to try to reschedule games as necessary. MBA will work to provide additional field options and umpires (AS AVAILABLE).
*** Fall Ball does NOT allow players to "Play up". Players should play in the age level they will play at in the following Spring Season (i.e. 2020 Season). MBA does this to ensure the player will be playing with similar age kids, similar rules and similar field dimensions they will have in their upcoming baseball season!
Why register through MBA:
- MBA will provide fields for practices and games (MBA will provide field space so teams can host games at either Freeman, Bennett or Excelsior Commons).
- MBA will provide each player a hat, team equipment and baseball balls (uniforms will be provided by Gopher State or MBL).
- Games will be doubleheaders on Sunday (as scheduled by the affiliated league) – September 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th, and October 6th.
- Teams will be grouped with similar competitive levels.
- ALL MBA Sponsored Fall ball players / teams MUST register through the MBA web-site!!!
- Registration will open Monday, June 24th and closes Friday, August 2nd. Do not delay, sign up today as registration is limited.
- MBA will submit all players information that have registered and paid through the MBA web-site to Gopher State or MBL's Fall League.
- Practice will begin week of August 19th.
- Cost: 8 & 9 League - $145, 10YO and older - $165
- Sign up on the MBA website under the registration tab
- 10YO + Coaches, complete the attached Excel File Roster and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Team will NOT be registered with Gopher State or MBL until ALL roster players have paid through the MBA web-site.
2019 FALL BASEBALL COMMITTEE:
Matt Walker - MBA Fall Ball Sr. Director Cell: 612-599-5253
Brandon Newman - MBA Fall Ball Director Cell: 612-916-1429
Please contact a Committee member if you have any questions, comments or concerns.