MBA Travel Commitment
Minnetonka Baseball Association (MBA) is partnering with Tonka Football Association in implementing the following philosophy related to multiple sports:
Participate in as many sports as you possibly can. Fight the pressure to specialize in any one sport and trust that the lessons learned in different sports crossover and help you far more than hurt you. Respect the season you are in and dedicate yourself to your team and your coaches. Learn to compete with class and improve from your successes and failures.
If a player chooses supplemental training during the off-season MBA recommends taking 90 days off from throwing. Players can be on tournament teams in the Fall/Winter, but not Spring (after March 31).
With this philosophy in mind, if selected as a Minnetonka Travel Baseball player, I will:
- Make my MBA team my most important sports commitment during the baseball season. If a baseball game or practice conflicts with a game, practice or tryout for any other sport or other non-academic activity, I will make my MBA baseball team my top priority.
- Arrange family activities to eliminate conflicts with my MBA tournaments, games and practices. Where conflicts are unavoidable, I will notify my Head Coach prior to the start of the season, or as soon as possible, of any dates I will not be available.
- Agree that I will NOT play for any other organized baseball team during the MBA season after March 31st thru the end of the season, including state tournaments.
- At all times, act and speak responsibly toward our team, our coaches, the opposing team’s coaches, fans, umpires and all others involved.
- Agree to abstain from substance abuse and further agree to be governed by the disciplinary policies for such abuse as outlined by the MSHSL Rules for Athletic Participation.
We want to ensure that each player makes MBA baseball their priority during MBA’s season from April 1 to the end of the season, including state tournaments. We understand there will be activities throughout the season where the players will have conflicts. When this occurs, please communicate in advance with your coach. The following are excused absences:
- Mandatory School Activity
- Special Family Event (Wedding / Graduation / Funeral / Special Birthday / Confirmation / Religious Holiday)
The following are unexcused absences:
- Family vacations
- Other sporting events, games, or tryouts
- Other activities not specifically excused above
In the event of an unexcused absence, MBA provides the following guidelines to coaches:
- Missed Practice: Sit first four innings of next game
- Missed Game: Sit full next game
- Missed Tournament: Head coach must consult League Director
Player needs to be present at games that they are sitting to support their team, or the penalty moves to the next game.
If a player misses a combination of five (5) unexcused practices or games during the season, the player will be brought to the MBA Grievance Committee. Grievance recommendation must come from coaches and reported to the appropriate League Director. Future participation in MBA is dependent upon compliance with the MBA Travel Commitment Form. Violations brought to the Grievance Committee for a ruling may impact in-season, post-season and future-season participation in MBA. Potential consequences are suspension within season and suspension from future league participation.
Last Updated 12/12/20 bks